Friday, December 23, 2011

Ken Branagh's In The Bleak Midwinter now available on R1 dvd. Ish.

Tonight, after my usual pre-Christmas viewing of Ken Branagh's In The Bleak Midwinter via an increasingly ropey VHS recording from S4C about ten years ago, I grumpily checked Amazon for a dvd release. I've also done this pretty much every year and come up disappointed.

Not this year.

This year revealed that in December 2010, the film was released on Region One under its US title A Midwinter's Tale by the Warner Bros Archive Collection imprint, and copies are available still available.

There are still a few copies from Amazon's Marketplace.

See where it says 2 new from £11.98?

That used to be three.

Looks like I'll be watching it again in January.

Updated!  It's back up to three.

1 comment:

Lindsey Murray (Evje) said...

Stuart, I've been watching for this to come to DVD for years! My favourite film of all time, I wore out my VHS, and didn't have the presence of mind to take it to my local DVD maker prior to its having worn out. Needless to say, I was shocked when I went to Amazon and there it was; after fruitlessly checking every few months for years - the much-longed-for day arrived!

I'm in heaven.

Lindsey Murray Evje.